The one skill that they don’t teach you about in school is also the one that will either make you a great success in life, or struggle like crazy to realize your dreams… and you might never reach them.
I’m going to tell you all about this skill in a second, but first let me ask you a couple questions:
- Have you ever been in a social situation where you just knew someone was messing with you, but you didn’t know what to do about it?
- Have you ever had someone in your family that just knew exactly how to put you on the spot – and they’d leave you with that shaky, angry feeling because you knew you’d been made a fool out of?
- Have you ever known a person who could just predict everything you were going to say, and leave you with no ammo at all, and you felt like you were totally manipulated? And FRUSTRATED?
- Did you ever suspect there are unwritten “rules” to socializing that you just don’t “get”? That if you just knew the “rules” that these people are using for their games, you could at least be on a level playing field?
- Do you ever feel like you’ve missed opportunities with somebody – maybe a romantic interest – because you don’t have the right skills to respond correctly and make the interaction “count” for more?
- Do you often feel like you’re missing a depth and a level of relationship connection that you want to achieve because you don’t understand how to get past your partner’s games?
Now, on the other hand, have you ever been with someone who:
- Could de-fuse any confrontation and make friends in the process?
- Could spot when they were being played or manipulated – and somehow turn it back around on the other person?
- Always knew the right thing to say to put someone in their place?
- Knew how to read a social situation in just a few seconds and “feel out” everyone in the group?