The New York Times–bestselling author of Project Smoke goes beyond the barbecue and takes men into the kitchen—with tools techniques, and 300 recipes.
Steven Raichlen’s Barbecue! Bible books have sold millions of copies—and now he leads his readers from the grill into the kitchen. Man Made Meals covers:
- tools and techniques (guess what, grillers, you still get to play with knives and fire)
- adopting secrets from the pros—how to multitask, prep before you start cooking, clean as you go
- understanding flavor and flavor boosters, like anchovies and miso
- essentials: how to shuck an oyster, truss a chicken, cook a steak to the desired doneness
- a repertoire of great recipes, from breakfast to dessert, to dazzle a date, or be a hero to your family, or simply feed yourself with real pleasure
Included are 300 recipes from the James Beard Award winner, like Blowtorch Oatmeal, Fire-Eater Chicken Wings, Black Kale Caesar, Down East Lobster Rolls, Skillet Rib Steak, Porchetta, Finger-Burner Lamb Chops, Yardbird’s Fried Chicken, Blackened Salmon, Mashed Potatoes Three Ways, and Ice Cream Floats for Grown-Ups.